Monday, 16 May 2011

May 16 2011

Schedule.

For the past two nights I've been trying to figure out how Australia (more specifically, USC) organizes their schooling and semesters. 
I had to pick courses online - thankfully their student centre is exactly the same as Westerns.  The courses I selected last night (4 of them), well after contacting someone at USC, I was informed that only two of them were correct.  So back to the drawing board - who knew they did things through semesters AND sections!

Finally, for July (semester 2, section 9 & 10) I am enrolled in:

Curriculum A Primary Years P7
Classroom Management (BOOYAH)
Quality Learning & Teaching
Teaching Math (Note: I will be complaining about this course, a lot)
And finally, Teaching Practice 1 (look out children!)

What's next on the agenda...

I'm waiting for my new passport.  Once I receive that, I'll be able to apply for my student visa, book my accommodations, flight, blue card etc. etc.

For my living accommodations, I'm thinking: http://www.varsityapartments.com.au/

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Great choice on the accommodations if only for the A/C!!!! LOL. I've already mentioned WHY I think A/C is a good idea so I am not going to go into detail about that again (especially if your mom reads this blog).

    I also have to comment on the names of the courses... LOVE the fact that your course is called "QUALITY learning and teaching" - as if it could get mixed up with the other course offered called "Learning and Teaching".

    ReplyDelete