Saturday, 16 July 2011

Flights and arrival..

People keep asking about the flights and travelling here... well it SUCKS!
I am dreading coming home (already).

It takes forever and all my flights were delayed - literally!

I was supposed to have left Toronto at 8:15 but didn't leave the ground until after 9PM.
Then we were late coming into Vancouver (where I had an hr and half layover).

This was a blessing in disguise as I only had to wait 45 minutes before we boarded the plane.
We boarded this plane and it was packed! If anyone knows anything about planes, this was a 777 - HUGE.
When you first walk on, you walk through First Class where they have PODS for their seats / beds & a TV that pops out from the wall.

This flight was heading to Sydney. It became delayed in the air as we hit crazy turbulence. Once I arrived in Sydney I realized my iPhone wasn't going to work in Oz. I didn't cancel it while I was in Toronto hoping that I could use it to text family and friends once I arrived - nope.
I had a layover for about 2 hrs before making my way to terminal 2 for my next flight - this one was heading to the sunshine coast ;)

After eating some McDonalds (it was gross), and figuring out I needed to take a $5.50 shuttle to terminal two, I boarded the plane.
The service I used was JetStar (cheap and dirty and really reminded me of WestJet).  This one, thankfully I didn't have anyone behind me.  What I did have one a crying baby in front of me - lucky me.
After being in the air for about 30 minutes, the captain comes on and tells us we hit a flock of birds and we need to make an emergency landing into Brisbane - GREAT!
As he's speaking a flight attendant asks if there is a medical personal on the flight - someone had a stroke - GREAT!
So we land in Brisbane.
This wait took about 20 minutes and off we went - everything was ' fine '.

I landed in the sunshine coast - about 1.5 hrs later than scheduled.
This also helped because my shuttle was waiting for me instead of me waiting 3 hrs for it.

and off I went on a shuttle service to Sippy Downs.

Then I arrived at my apartment - Varsity Apartments and checked in.  I JUST made it or else I'd have to wait outside for 1.5 hrs before security arrived to check me in.

I went to my apartment and realized I didn't have roommates so I settled in and went to bed.

(fast forward 4 days and here I am today)....

No comments:

Post a Comment