To start:
After graduating from highschool, I thought: I want to be a teacher. Then, when I graduated from the University of the Western Ontario my friend, Shauna and I were having lunch (at the Wave) and she mentioned that she applied to schools in Australia. Then I got to thinking.... I should (once again)consider teachers college and Australia. So I did.
I had a few friends who went to Australia over the past few years, either for vacation, to teach or for teachers college. Their help & advice were (and are) greatly apprecaited while I change my life around (literally).
In the end, it was once again Shauna who told me the Sunshine Coast was amazing and that her friend attended The University of the Sunshine Coast (USC), and loved it. So after some research, I applied.
It didn't take long before I was accepted for Primary, Middle and Highschool.
I signed for Primary. And to start in July, 2011.
This past week I received confirmation that USC received my payment for my first semester's tutition. So what does that mean - I'm going. I'm leaving my home, my job and a country I've lived in for the past 25 years for (basically) the unknown. What I do know is that I have a 24 hr method of transportation that I need to book - which I am very much NOT looking forward to.
Besides that... this blog will help me keep in touch with people at home. It will help me post pictures, tell stories and reach out to everyone in Canada.
So stay tuned....
Really looking forward to reading ALLLL about your experience!!! I am so excited and proud of you for following your dreams!!!! :)
ReplyDelete