Saturday, 16 July 2011

Arrived & Alive

I'm safe and sound here in Sippy Downs (the town I'm staying in).

Today was my second full day here and let me list off the things I've accomplished:

Student ID - Check
Bus Pass - Check
International health card - Check
Ride the Bus-  Check
See a Roo - CHECK
Find a comforter - Check (such a simple task was next to impossible! Here in OZ they don't have comforters so for two nights I slept with towels and it was awful).
Get Internet - Check!

Things I've realized or learned:

You don't tip in Oz
The prices you see, is what it is - no tax is added
I cannot stay up past 6 pm without yawning and dreaming of my bed
It is expensive - 2 cases of coke for $34; my mascara is $8 in Canada, and here it's $26; 5 Bananas were $8.85
There are tons of Germans here on exchanges

And finally, it isn't always sunny in the Sunshine Coast - It has been raining for the past two days.  It's also freezing!! All of us wished we brought more winter clothes - sweaters, slippers, jogging pants!!!

I am still going through jet leg.

I'm too tired to write anything else ;)

3 comments:

  1. Yuck - sucks to hear it's raining and your still dealing with jet lag. But so happy to hear you've made it safe and sound. Yikes - cosmetics are expensive! Look forward to next postaroo.

    :) Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO happy to hear that you made it safe and sound :) The fact that cosmetics are super expensive is a GOOD thing- it means more care packages from your friends and family ;)

    Miss you a lot and can't wait to read all about your adventures!!!!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! More care packages is in order!!

    ;)

    I also figured that if I buy a hair straightener, it'll be cheaper to straighten my hair every other day or so, instead of buying hair products ;) haha

    ReplyDelete