1) Back breaking news:
After doing some readings (lying), and homework (lying again), we headed to the mall for some errands.
The busses are still on strike except they've agreed to work on a Saturday schedule and on Saturday and Sunday, on a Sunday schedule. The unfortunate thing, they might not show up as 'scheduled'. So we ventured out anyway. Trying to catch a bus back home, it didn't show up.... so we waited and waited. Eventually we ran into some girls from our program - also Canadian who arrived in January of this year. One girl, Lindsay is super nice and also in my math course. She let us know that Coles (www.coles.com.au), our cheap grocery store does deliveries for $7!! We break our backs every couple of weeks shoving as much groceries into our backpacks and shoulder bags - so this might really come in handy!
2) Cheap and good food!
Sunday night we went to O'Malleys for cheap dinner and some Karaoke.
Now let me set the stage: We've been to this bar on a weekend before - Friday or Saturday night - and usually it just turns into this whole dance party - which is super fun. When I walked in on Sunday night, it looked like a completely different bar - there was tables and chairs and families eating dinner HAHA
SO their special was oversized veal schnitzel with fries, salad and either beer or a glass of wine - all for only $10!!!!
Check out the size of the veal:
How crazy is that!! All for $10. The problem is ... they don't let you 'take-away' the food. So you have to share with a friend (even cheaper) or go there on an empty stomach.
3) This morning in lecture I discovered there's such a thing called 'TASK AVOIDANCE DISORDER' - totally not lying. Google it!
4) The same professor also mentioned that when you're stressed or excited your adrenaline increases which also leads to an increase of cortisol in your brain. So if you're in an argument and you're saying whatever you're saying, you know when you're done and reflecting on the situation, you always say to yourself "oh I wish I said this" or "Why didn't I do/say that".....well that's because the heightened cortisol minimizes your thoughts.
Ta DA! I am learning ;)
(
Cortisol is an important hormone in the body, secreted by the adrenal glands and involved in the following functions and more:
- Proper glucose metabolism
- Regulation of blood pressure
- Insulin release for blood sugar maintanence
- Immune function
- Inflammatory response
too stressed and anxious about exams and then forget everything they studied for.
I am in a Graduate program and I only have one exam - that silly Math exam. If you fail it, you have another chance to write it. If you fail it again, then you write again.
The silly thing - if it's the only exam in this program, and you continue to fail it, you cannot graduate from this program.
Eeks!
On another weird note:
I was supposed to go down to Brisbane this past weekend to volunteer for the Ride to Conquer Cancer, Australia but with the bus strike - I decided against it.
As it turns out, the person I was going to meet up with, and travel through the town (the professional photographer of the event), got into a head-on collision on Sunday. He's ok. But what are the odds.
Also, I've been thinking about my friend in Goderich - her wedding is coming up! But for the past two days, I kept she was on my mind. This morning I woke up and heard that Goderich was up against a tornado. Also scary and very devastating!! Her and her family are good. The city is not. If you're in the area - please help out!
Up coming events:
The surf trip this weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment