Weekends start on Thursday for me. Classes end at 6 PM and then we just give'r.
Kidding Mom and Dad.
Thursday night the crew (20+ people) headed to Pig N' Whistle - a British Pub. This is a pub that has a connection with the University where they organize a shuttle service, to and from the bar - for free!
So we hopped on the 10PM bus - and I was home at midnight. HAHA
Friday about 7 of us girls headed to the beach for the day. Where there was a random (pirate) ship floating around all day.
(p.s if you click on the image, it'll enlarge)
Then at night we were going to a 'Canadian Pow-Wow' where everyone was supposed to dress in Canada gear or plaid. It was a great night! Then we took this house gathering to the beach where we had a bon-fire and music (three people brought guitars). It was a blast! Except I think I was the only one wearing a sweater (or anything) that said CANADA on it. So that was lame. Most people wore plaid or just had red or white on. I am shocked at how many Canadians travel without Canada t-shirts, sweaters etc. I have three t-shirts, 1 hoodie, and my Olympic mittens! GET WITH IT PEOPLE!! ;) Though I think we all have flags on our backpacks.
Saturday we all woke up tired...haha
But we all also signed up for the Eumundi Markets day trip. We had to catch the bus at 8:45 AM to ride 20 minutes to Eumundi. The whole downtown core (approximately three blocks) has been transformed into markets and vendors. It was really awesome. I didn't buy anything special. I only purchased a black leather change purse. Something I wish I brought from home because currently I either carry my normal wallet (containing Canadian things too), or just this card holder and then throw money loosely into my purse - disaster. So I am happy with my purchase. And the fact that inside it says "Made in Australia" is pretty special. The guy said it was made from a Roo. :s
Though I think I am getting sick. My throat is all sore.
I was just drinking a tea - yup, I actually bought and now drink it - go me!
I also eat onions now.
OH and some cheeses.
Big steps for me.
As for today - it's pouring. Guess I'll have to hit my textbooks.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGS!! Hope you have a wonderful time in Ontario!!
xoxox!

AHHHHH!!!! Just read through this (needed to catch up since I am a couple weeks behind and saw your comment about wishing me a happy bday!!) You are the best!!! Missing you tons- but at least now I am back to emailing!!!! xoxoxo
ReplyDelete