Sunday, 26 February 2012

In other news...

It has been raining on the sunny coast since I returned - last week.
There was some major thunderstorms and some floodings (but I blame that on poor gutters).

Yesterday Niamh and I borrowed movies (Titanic, Hangover 2) from reception (it's a holiday resort so they have tons), and once we came back to our apartment, set up the DVD player, turned on the TV we heard POP! And I saw a bright light on the tv... Then the power went out.

We had a HUGE Tv.

Notice I said 'we HAD'.  Yup, it blew.

Now we have one slightly smaller but still a good size.

And that is about how exciting my weekend was.

Onto another week of job hunting and classroom lectures.

Oh! I applied for two volunteer jobs - need the hours to graduate. I will be going into my old prac School, into a year 2 classroom every Friday. It's great because it's with my old mentor teacher - she changed from year 5 to year 2.

The other volunteer centre is for 'support a talker'...basically you read with a child for 2 hours a week.

Here's hoping I can score these hours .. and quickly. We need 65 to graduate.

Ta ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment