Friday, 11 May 2012

Happy Days...

Today I received the biggest compliment..

My mentor teacher told me that I inspire her!

I did a lesson yesterday teaching the children how to write the number 6.
The children and I were sitting in a circle on the carpet..

My lesson consisted of a rhyme:
Put on a Hat then
Straight Long Back
Round Little Belly
The Number 6 looks so funny.

Then I made them practice their 6 in the air.
Then on their partners back.

Finally I handed out Wikki Sticks - amazing tools for fine motor skills. (http://www.wikkistix.com/)
They are basically a piece of yarn, dipped in beeswax.
It's great for children who are learning how to write letters and numbers - or anything!
I handed out a piece of cardboard for each child for their 'desk'. Then a wikki stick.
I made them form the number 6.

Then I handed out chips and they had to make a pattern using 6 chips (each had 10 chips to start with; and patterns are what they learned in their last Maths unit).

The teacher loooooved the Wikki Sticks and the way I taught this lesson - I have some pictures (but because I haven't received release forms yet, I cannot post them - but they're amazing).

The first thing I will purchase when I get home (and have money) a laminator! Best thing ever!

Happy Weekend Friends!

I am off to the farm for some hard hard labour :P

No comments:

Post a Comment