Exciting news (for an international student on a budget)!!
When I attended The University of Western Ontario, included in our tuition was a bus pass. This was excellent.
Here, at The University of the Sunshine Coast, no such luck.
Though they have a student concession card (translink.com.au) that allows student to purchase a card ($5) then load money onto it for easy riding. Their system is - swipe on when you get on the bus or train, and swipe off when you exit. As a student, with a concession card, it's 40% off the ride.
I've already been through $20 on my card. The mall is $1.33 there and back unless you do it in a short period of time then the way back is 'free'.
BUT (and the point to my post), I did an online survey & received a new card (one that doesn't expire until June 2014) that was LOADED WITH $70!!!
This is music to my ears!
Thank you TransLink!
SWEEEEEET!!!!!!! Doesn't surprise me though, you have always had a knack for finding free stuff or really, really good deals!!!!
ReplyDeleteHAHAHA! Yes, it's true - I find deals.
ReplyDelete