Monday, 20 February 2012

Sydney

Koalas 

  Wombat

Kangaroooooo
Emu
Croc with fish
Long neck turtle

Penguins!
Jelly fish!







View from the Sydney Eye Tower



'Scarborough' ferry from Sydney to Melbourne






Inside the Sydney Opera house - this is the set for La Soiree - amazing show! Must see if it comes to Canada!


Another room in the Opera House

Everything in this room is made out of wood - all concerned with the sound.


The tiles are different shapes of white, so the reflection isn't too strong.
They also doubled coated the tiles so they're self cleaning.
Again, this is an amazing show. I am soooo thankful I went and saw it!
ANZ Stadium: Held the 2000 Sydney Olympics Games


Cathy Freeman (woman above) was the lady who carried in the torch. Later, she won a gold metal - first Aboriginal Female from Oz to do such a thing - HUGE accomplishment!




Official torch that Cathy lit. They moved it from the stadium to the park right outside.



After the Olympics, they made some alterations to the stadium. They made it a little smaller, introduced moveable seats (depending on what sport is being played) and covered most of the stadium).

The stadium was built on a landfill.  It cost $700 million to clean the fill and another $130 million to build the stadium. Construction started in 1996. They were able to open 3 months ahead of schedule.

Official podium!

Love this picture. I was so amazed that they still had this. Though, I thought it would have been a lot bigger
I took a 2.5 hour bus to the Blue Mountains. It was a must for me.


Three Sisters

I took a ferry to Manly (30 minutes) to explore the amazing beach. I feel in love. Loved it more than Bondi Beach. I would move to Manly!

2 comments:

  1. Do you seriously think you will leave that and come back to Toronto? Seriously?
    Looks like you are having a fantastic journey -- good for you! Now come back to the freezing cold winters and all of us who love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what'll happen once my time is up here...
    I love it. As you tell, it isn't hard to love. But who knows. Money speaks :P

    ReplyDelete