It was brought to my attention that I haven't 'blogged' in 14 days -Whoops! Sorry
There really hasn't been anything too exciting to post.
Let me back track....
Easter Weekend:
My roommate is from Ireland. A lot of people have since left Ireland and have gone travelling - a lot of them end up in Oz. Neve started travelling 3 years ago when she backpacked Oz for a year. A lot of Irish people end up living in Brisbane or Sydney. Anyway, she invited a couple up for Easter weekend. It was brilliant. They are awesome. Neve travelled with the girl and the girl met an Irish boy in Sydney and they've been dating for the past two years. They did a lot of sight seeing things but they were just so awesome to have around.
Easter was Sunday. Neve also had a friend from NZ coming to visit on Sunday-Sunday. And then she invited 3 other Irish people from Brisbane for dinner..... actually she went to school with two of them back in Ireland.
We made two roasted chickens and threw in 4 drum sticks as well. Then we roasted a bunch of veggies too. It worked out perfectly... Irish-Aussie-Canadian-New Zealander Easter dinner. After the gang ate, most went down to the beach - it was perfect haha
Oh - I also made a loaf of banana bread - and nailed it!! It was a hit!!
Sunday night we all started to have some beers and then went to the bar. We danced the night away! It was a great day/night!!
This past week I have been off school. It was mid-semester break.
But the weather wasn't that great (and I cannot afford to travel anymore) so I didn't do much. Oh, I got into a book.
When I was travelling, I went into a used book store and bought "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult and never got around to reading it. It was too big to take travelling... so I found it in my closet and got addicted to it. It's a decent sized book and I couldn't put it down. If you haven't read it - do!
The only thing I didn't like, was the very end. There are two paragraphs where I literally had to read them twice, and then out loud to understand correctly. Even then, I had to clarify with my roommate to make sure I was understanding it correctly. Poorly written - or something.
Anyway, that is basically what my week consisted of. How exciting!
Next week we're back into the classroom to learn and I'm in two different schools to help teach - volunteering.
Three more weeks of University - then practicum starts!
Tonight my roommate and I are watching Home Alone! haha It's on TV - in the middle of April!! How weird!
xx

No comments:
Post a Comment