Sunday, 29 April 2012

Lazy Sunday

Today we did a little bit of running around; however, afterwards I made a little concoction for lunch.
I don't know what it is but since coming to Oz, I have become more experimental with the foods that I eat.
For example:
Before coming to Oz, I wouldn't eat onions unless they were sauteed.
Now I eat raw onions (red and white) on anything.

I also didn't eat shrimp (although they call them prawns here).
Now I eat them all the time.

I didn't eat chickpeas.
Now I throw them in everything I cook.

I never tried lamb before.
Now I've probably eaten it about 8 times. Thank you Greek food!

So now that my taste buds have changed, I tend to make a lot of concoctions (it might also be because I am broke, or don't have access to a car to buy groceries on the regular ;)

Today's concoction:

Sauteed onions with two pieces of bacon
1 chopped sweet potato
A quarter of a green cabbage
A handful of raisins
A handful of chickpeas

Done and done.

It was delicious!

Then I started to look up games to play with the kids (my prep class).
And then I came across a play dough recipe and went ahead and made some.
I rock.

Such a cheap way to entertain kids.

All you need is Salt, Flour and Water!
(Creme of Tartar if you have it).

I will post a picture soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment