I was completely exhausted and by 9 pm, I was heading to bed.
Saturday rolled around and it was pouring. I didn't know how picking was going to go.
We had pancakes and then waited around to see if the weather was going to change. Eventually we went out, in the pouring rain. Oh and did I mention that Oz is in Autumn and thus, freeeeezing at 20 degrees?
(Judge all you want but my body has become climatized with the heat - anything under 29 is cool - I don't know how I'll be in Canada, thankfully I'll be returning in summer).
So, off we went to the orchard to pick custard apples
(Here is a website explaining what custard apples are and what they look like: http://www.custardapple.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=46&Itemid=53)
Again, it was pouring.
But after 4 hours, we managed to collect 20 boxes of them.
Done and dusted.
The weather is still crappy so after dinner, Cait and I headed home.
I'm $74 richer.
No comments:
Post a Comment