Saturday, 16 June 2012

Done and Dusted

.. I cannot believe it!

Last Thursday marked my last day of my second practicum!
After 6 weeks working in a prep class, it all wrapped up with a normal day in the classroom. The kids knew Thursday was my last day and some took the time to express how sad they were to hear that I was leaving and I even received some hand-crafted cards, gifts and letters - it was sweet.
The nicest thing was hearing from parents - and having them address how much I've impacted their child and their ability to learn!

I walked away with heaps of knowledge.
How I want my class to be; How I see myself teaching and especially what I wouldn't do in the classroom.

I cannot wait to get into my very own classroom!!

The sad part is is that I am coming back to Canada during the summer months and therefore each school is on summer holidays - so no work and I cannot even volunteer.

If anyone is reading this post, and has ANY sort of connection within Elementary school boards, schools or classrooms, please email me (ac_144@hotmail.com) because as of right now, I am a free agent and willing to volunteer anywhere until I can get my foot in a door.

Thank you and thanks for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment