Thursday, 13 October 2011

4 days in...

I've been going at prac. for about 4 days now....tomorrow is finally Friday!

I've had to teach two lessons (smaller groups), and tomorrow I'm doing a presentation on, Who is Miss Costa?

I have also been having one-on-one lesson sessions with one student, daily. These are mostly based upon reading and comprehension. I feel like he's progressing - so hopefully after my 6 weeks are up, I'll really see a difference with him.

Today we had art class (in a different room, and different teacher). While the students were working on their art projects, I was observing the classroom.  I overheard a group of girls talking.

Girl A: My dad has a bank account set up for me, for when I'm older.
Girl B: Me too!
Girl A: I have over 1 Million dollars in there!
Girl B: I don't.
Girl A: Well don't worry, once you get working, you can make that much IN A DAY.

... must be nice... I need to get a job there.

Have a great weekend everyone!

xoxox

1 comment:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAHA hilarious!!!! That conversation actually made my day!!!! Thanks for sharing that!!!!

    As for your other adventures as a teacher, it sounds like you are getting more and more comfortable each day! I can't imagine how overwhelming it must have been on day 1!!! Keep up the good work and soon it will be the weekend :)

    ReplyDelete