Saturday, 29 October 2011

Bucket List ... so far

So, before I arrived in Australia I created a bucket list.
I also added more once I arrived - I received a "100 Must-See Things in Australia".

Here is the revised list, and what I've already accomplished.

1) Feed a Roo (USC is on a nature reserve so I see this being an easy task)  Haven't feed but definitely have seen a ton.
2) Pet a Roo
3) Go Snorkeling  - Perhaps in the Great Barrier Reef
4) Visit Surfer's Paradise
5) Take a picture in front of the Opera House in Sydney (because everyone has this - haha)
6) Try TimTams ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Tam ) Done and Done - thankfully they're pretty expensive here so I/we don't buy them often
7) Try Kangaroo Done and Done - tried BBQ kangaroo steak and kangaroo mince meat (burger) - one bite of each.
8) Drive a car (Here's the thing: you drive on the left side of the road in Australia, and the wheel is on the right side of the car).
9) Visit the Australian Zoo - Home of the Crocodile Hunter (http://www.australiazoo.com.au/) - I've gone to pick someone up, but didn't go inside - haha - doesn't count.
10) Attend Mass Done and done - went 23.10.11 with Niamh
11) Climb a (or many) Glass House Mountains - Done and done
12) Visit the Eumundi Markets - Done
13) Try surfing - Done and done (did this one whole weekend and a second time in 1770).
14) Visting the Great Beerier Reef / Whitsundays
15) Visit Ayers Rock - Uluru
16) Visit the Australian Outback
17) Watch the whales in the Ocean
18) Visit Melbourne




Of course, things aren't being checked off very quickly (damn you school), but here's hoping from December-February will be filled with adventures!

2 comments:

  1. AMAZING!!!! Considering that you have been in school full time, I couldn't believe you accomplished that much already!!! Way to go!!!! I am sure that you will be able to check a good chunk of those off your list by the end of your summer vacation!!!!!!

    PS- LOVE that you put "attend mass" on there!!!
    PSS- How are you doing with the accent?? Have you had any embarrassing moments where you have said something "Canadian" and people look at your funny? Or the opposite- where you have to smile and pretend that you understood?? What is the weirdest expression or saying that you have heard/can't get used to??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes - been in school full time and too exhausted on the weekends to do anything!! haha
    I also think I'll be able to check off a lot of these things during my break. I'm saving my energy and money for the summer months haha

    I don't think I have an accent (Australian). I know I started to say certain words like heaps (to explain 'a lot').
    The worst expression is "How you going?" For How are you doing. HATE IT!

    The kids always point things out to me in the classroom, "Miss Costa, in Australia we don't put a comma in between numbers". That was what I was told today when wrote 35 000 on the whiteboard.
    Sometimes, I don't understand Australians - it's true. They talk really fast and with a lot of slang so I just nod and move on.. haha

    Thanks for the questions and writing - I never know who reads this thing!

    ReplyDelete