Sunday, 25 March 2012

Floods; Move; Triathlon; Movies

Hello!

Well this weekend was big.

Thursday was when the floods happened and when we woke up on Friday, everything was cleared, and you wouldn't have known there was flooding.
It was weird.
The city was gearing up for the Mooloolaba Triathlon.

This weekend was huge for tourism in Mooloolaba (even though I live in Alex Headland, Mooloolaba is literally a 3 minute walk). People from all over the world came to participate in this event - even CANADIANS!
And don't forget, this is why we moved out of our apartment in the first place - because people involved in the Triathlon rented our apartment a year ago!
That's a whole other story - it was Brazilian men. They were here the whole week (the Tri was only during the weekend). Anyway, They left today and it took the cleaners about 5 hours to clean the 3 bedroom apartment! Apparently they were slobs!
So finally we were able to move back into our apartment around 4 pm. This move was easier (more so because for the past 6 days, we lived out of suitcases and boxes).

We moved and then went to see 21 Jump Street.
I laughed (out loud) throughout the whole movie. It was great!

I also saw Hunger Games on Wednesday night.
That was a good movie but because I was so into the first book, I felt it was slightly rushed and there was a lot of errors in the movie (not just differences from the book, but full on errors - a rushed production). And, if I didn't read the books, I don't think I would have ever went to see that movie - just something I'm not into.

If anyone else has a review, please let me know how you like/disliked it.

I posted some pictures of the Triathlon - the road in front of my apartment was closed and that was the track for the running and cycling. So we pulled up a chair and watched some of it today. That's where I watched the Canadian woman cycling & running. When she was running, I was sure to scream GO CANADA!

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment