Friday, 28 October 2011

Half way done!!

My prac. is 6 weeks and I just finished my 3rd week :D :D :D

It isn't that I don't like it, I really do. But it's just exhausting and because it isn't my class (completely), it's a lot of watching and wanting to do things, but not being able to.
I think it's different (for me) because it's term 4 for the students and so there are a lot of assessment AND even when we do get to teach them something new, they aren't really motivated (knowing school is ending soon), and they have so much prior knowledge (the term and school year is finished in November), you just don't get that much gratification - you see their brains working and registering things but we're entering a classroom that has already been established.

I think I am also ready for a vacation (haha). I have 3 months off (summer vacation) from November 18th - with the exception of having a 2 hour class on Thursday the 24th (we have to present our portfolios to our teachers - everything we did and learned from prac.).

Today I had a lesson on Cognitive Health. I made them play a game, we watched a YouTube Clip and then we did poster boards to demonstrate what we learned (working in groups). Then each group presented their poster board to the class.
It went well but it was a little harder to teach them - Friday afternoon, the kids were in dress down clothes and getting birthday cake from a student in the class.
Their patience was running thin.





Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Even though I don't post on every single one of these, I read them all!!! I check your blog twice a day to see if you have any new posts!!!! And since I am one of the only people that comments, I truly feel like your biggest fan LOL!!!!!!

    Congrats on being half way done! I bet you are excited and anxious to get out of the classroom - and soon into a classroom that is ALL yours!!!! I cannot believe that you are coming up to summer vacation! Incredible! Love hearing all your stories and adventures!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for pointing out that you read my blog - sometimes I never know if I'm just writing for myself :P

    I am really excited to have my own class. I know it'll be a shit-ton of work, but it'll also be really fun in the sense that it's MINE and I can do whatever I want to it :)

    ReplyDelete