But lets back up before I get into those details ;)
(I feel like I'm narrating an episode of 'How I Met Your Mother')
On Friday I went for dinner (no nachos were served at that bar - boo). So instead we shared a pizza (not the greatest - Tandoori Chicken) and a caesar salad (awful - the dressing isn't made like back home). Then I had two drinks and we just hung out and chatted.
Home and in bed by 12:30.
Saturday I went to the beach - up and at it at 7am - beach by 11. It was a gorgeous day - best one I've experienced (on the beach). I left there around 3 and headed to a friends house where we were working on experiments/lessons. What she is going to do (she teaches grade 1s) is have the class make their own decorations for the christmas tree. I totally have some from when we were little - they're made from salt and flour (little water), and you bake them after you cut the shape out....then paint them. Soooo easy and the cost was only $4.
Then she's also doing gingerbread houses (made out of cookies) and having the kids decorate their own with their own supply of candies. This cost was about $40.
They are a great little thing to make with kids - sooo simple!
After that I came home and then went out for a couple of drinks and a couple of hours of dancing!!
The bar we went to was really small but nice...EXCEPT the drinks were way too expensive! My friend ordered two beers and it cost $18!!! So we didn't stay for too long (then I hopped into a cab and came home while some of my other friends went to another bar and came home at 4am this morning). haha
LAWN BOWLING!
It was another beautiful day! Lawn bowling started at 2pm so we were dead smack in the middle of the heat. It was a lot of fun. 6 girls came out, we had 3 on 3. Let me set the stage here (another 'How I met your mother' moment): We walked in and saw a sign that said, "no thongs (flipflops), singlets (tank tops)," etc. I was wearing thongs and a singlet. This Bowls club is trying to make this club all fancy and having a dress code. Turns out I was ok - until we started....more to come.
We were told that we'd be mixed in with the 'pros' but I guess that didn't go over well so we ended up playing against each other. This was still fun because we were able to hang out (the girls I went with today, they're leaving in December because they started school in February, so their year here is almost up. We were explained the rules, and some tips and off we went. It was neat. Not really like bocce ball, or like bowling. The ball has more of a weight on one side, so you have to roll it out, in order for the spin to work properly... and you have to remember to hold the ball a certain way, or else the spin will go in the opposite direction. In the end, my team won :)
So this is where I got in trouble. I went into the 'club house' for some water (as it was probably in the 30s today and I was dying of thirst) and I walked in barefoot. Let me explain something, here in Oz, you walk around barefoot any and everywhere. You see people walking around barefoot in the grocery store - anything goes! So we're lawn bowling without shoes on, so I walk in the club house without my flip flops on. Turns out - BAD MOVE! An older lady (probably in her 80s), sitting on her walker stopped me. She pointed out that I was not supposed to be in there without shoes on. So I told her I would go out and grab them and come back in - she was thankful I was so polite. Sure Lady. Anything.
So we won. Then at the end of the game, everyone goes inside (it's now 4:30). Everyone's name goes into a hat and there are door prizes. I got called third. I go up to pick (off the table) and notice it's all food items HAHA It's awesome and so cute. Just random things. So I grabbed a bag of Mars Bars (haha - thank you halloween). Then it turned out that everyone we came with won something too. It ranged from chocolate bars, to pancake mix & syrup, instant noodles, nuts etc.
Overall, it was a good way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and $5.
Pictures: My team had the yellow and red balls.
Form:
The pitch:
The girls and our mentor teacher.... haha after we all won something ;)




Looks like you had so much fun!!! I loved reading about it- one of my fav blogs of yours!!!! Love that the prizes were food!! hahah!!
ReplyDelete