Mooloolaba is right on the coast - the ocean is literally a 5 minute walk from my new place. Then I have Coles (the grocery store) a 7 minute walk (and my friend is donating a shopping trolly to me - yes, grama style).
Here are some pictures that were in the ad: Clearly when I went to view it, it was a little messier but it was still clean. The living/common areas are cleaned by cleaners (perfect).
The set up: It's one big house with two floors. The first floor is occupied by the landlord (wife, husband and children). Upstairs is divided into two apartments (cut a house vertically). Each space has three bedrooms, 1 bath/toilet and living space. We also have a balcony.
Living Room and Kitchen:
Another view of the living room - includes a TV and laundry in the basement. That's a deck through the window WITH A BBQ!! I hope it's a real BBQ and not a hot plate (which they have here EVERYWHERE). But the cross breeze will be nice because this deck faces the ocean (however there's a big building in front of me - but I am sure if I bent my body over the left side, I'd see water :P )
Past the kitchen is a hallway that leads to three bedrooms and one bathroom. Here in Oz the toilet and shower are in different rooms - works well when you have more than one person sharing the space.
In the basement, where the landlord lives, is the shared ('free') laundry space & storage rooms.

The girl currently living in my room is leaving this weekend. I am kicked out of my place on Monday but the landlord of my new place said I can start moving things in on Sunday.
Things things: Here is the closest to 'ketchup' they have. Yes, it's HEINZ but it doesn't taste the same.
Oh and it's called 'tomato sauce' here. Mom and friends, I barely use it. It's a shock!! This is my first bottle and I only bought it 3 weeks ago. If you know me, you know I put ketchup on EVERYTHING and I use heaps of it! I reckon I should mail some of this home for everyone to try. How does everyone like the terminology I just used ;) Just keeping you on your toes!!


YAYYY!!!! So happy that you found a place because you were getting down to the wire there!!! Looks like a nice spot too and thats GREAT that you are so close to a grocery store... I mean the beach hahah!!!!
ReplyDeleteThat 'ketchup' is weird!!!!!! And I loved the terminology that you used- I actually read it and was like, oh she's really picking up the words AND then read your sentence afterwards where you pointed that out hahah
I am so jealous you are going into summer! I wish we were here! It's cold and damp and we had snow the other day!!!!
haha
ReplyDeleteI do use heaps in my everyday vocabulary.
'I reckon', not so much but sometimes it comes flying out of my mouth but I hear it in my head and laugh (that I said it).
I heard Canada has snow and that most places has seen snow by now. It's crazy because people are posting pictures all the time from Canada and they're all in big jackets and I'm here sweating! It's honestly going to be a shit show this summer - soooo hot!