Next week starts my last week teaching 5NB (the name of my class). It's going to be a little bitter sweet. The kids are really (really) warming up to me and excited to share stories and feelings with me - that's great to experience because then you realize that they respect and like you.
Every day that passes, the more the kids are getting more and more comfortable with me. I have this one student, a boy who I am constantly reminding to tuck in his shirt (uniform, boys shirts have to be tucked in). I bet with him that if I didn't have to remind/tell him to tuck his shirt in (for the next 7 days), then he'd get something special from me (all the kids are getting something from me when I leave on Friday).
It's fun though. He comes into class, and as soon as he sees me, he corrects or double checks his uniform... I have the power ; )
On Friday I crashed really early - I have been watching Burn Notice (on DVD) so I've been busy watching this series and happened to fall asleep watching it at 6 pm LOL I woke up at 9 and watched some more episodes. Needless to say, Friday was a write off.
Saturday I did some errands and made birthday cupcakes for a friend then by 5 PM we were headed to Beerwah for a birthday celebration.
Here are some facts about the town of Beerwah: http://www.beerwah.org/beerwah-queensland.html
Every 2nd Saturday of the month, this bar/bistro/motel has a live band and it's country night. So my friends are all country go-ers so we went for one of their birthdays.
BUCKLIST accomplishment:
I rode the train (to get to Beerwah)!!!!
Once we arrived we checked out where we'd be spending the night. Picture a bar, with local bikers and on top, a Bed & Breakfast. That is where we were staying. There was 14 of us. We had about 4 rooms. most rooms had a double and single bed. One room slept 5 people. It was fun. Each room also had the beds and a sink (shared bathroom and showers). The upstairs also had a shared 'kitchen' (with fridge, microwave and a table). After eating a good dinner at the Bistro part of the place, we headed to the kitchen area for some fun 'get to know you' games. It was a lot of fun. Then we headed to the bar where there was about 20 people in the place - including 14 of us :P
The music was a lot slower than we expected - we couldn't dance. So we just hung around and chatted. Overall, it was a good night.
Then we woke up this morning to miss the train and have to wait hours for the next one.
Now, lesson planning.
5 MORE DAYS OF PRAC.... then two more days of university ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment