Australia Zoo:
A group of us went to the Australia Zoo for the day. It was a good day because it was slightly overcast, but still humid.
When we arrived, it was around 10AM. We walked around for a little and then at 11 AM there was a crocodile show. Here we got to see Bindie and her mother – the family of the crocodile hunter, Steve Irwin. They were conducting the show. They opened with a bird show, where these birds were flying around our heads! Then the croc came out. They were feeding it and playing around with it – teasing it. Bindie was feeding the croc and showing us that crocs can jump up out of the water, like dolphins do.
Afterwards we walked around the zoo. It was huge. In November they opened a new part of the zoo, Africa. So we got to see rhinos, giraffes, zebras, etc. It only just opened so I am sure it’ll be great in a couple of years. It’s crazy though because the giraffes were raised on the Zoo – they are almost fully grown but they’ve had them on the grounds for about 10 years.
I accomplished a lot off my bucket list during this trip.
A) Going to the Zoo.
Second and as many of you had seen on facebook, I got my picture taken with a Koala. It was supposed to be $20 but in line, I was talking to a family in front of me and he asked if I already purchased my ticket. I said no, and he offered to give me a coupon for $5. DEAL.
Third, I also pet and fed a kangaroo. There are different stations in the zoo where you walk through this gated area, and it’s its own wildlife. There was one section where it was all kangaroos. They just jumped around, lay around, and allowed you to pet and pose with them. It was a little scary. But I got a picture beside one, feeding one and petting one. CHECK!
It was a good day. We all came home exhausted!!!
Here are some pictures but tons more will be uploaded on facebook.
Here are some pictures but tons more will be uploaded on facebook.
Today is New Years Eve and tonight I will be enjoying watching fireworks with some friends. There is a big event happening in Mooloolaba over the water – firewords etc. So we’re going to have a little celebration down there and then I’m staying at Joelle’s place as it’s right in the core of it all.
If it’s too busy, we can even just watch the fireworks from her balcony.
Happy New Year!!
xx

No comments:
Post a Comment