Wednesday, 7 December 2011

Melbourne: Sun-Tuesday

 Sunday:  We woke up and headed to Queen Victoria Markets for some breakfast (fresh fruit).
Then we went on a stroll. All of us were super tired, a little hungover and exhausted.  So we went for a walk around the city (again).
We ended up at Victoria Harbour to watch a Dragon Boat Race at Central Pier.
We also made a stop at Dockland Park - where a little park was built. I had to use a toilet so Zac and Lise thought it'd be funny to hide from me..in a tunnel. I knew they were there so I just stayed swinging on a swing haha 20 minutes later, they came out.

Random picture of me at the caves from the day before....



 Next we headed to a street market (vendors) to then discover The Australian Centre Movie Imagine (free Animation Museum). Zac was in heaven. It provided old school video game consoles, old movies, tv shows etc. explaining how things were done etc.
After this we stepped into another market, it was in a parking garage and it totally reminded me of the one of a kind show.

Finally we stopped at the Direct Factory Outlet Mall. I didn't find anything but it was more so because I was exhausted haha 
 Then we headed to Woolies for some dinner..pasta at the hostel.
Then we watched a movie in the hostel (they have a fake movie theatre), we watched Friends with Benefits. Afterwards I was exhausted. It was around 11 PM and we headed to bed. At 11:30 our fellow Canadian from our hostel room came home and asked Lise and I to join him for drinks. So we got up & went out.

Monday:
This was errands day. Zac lost his bank card so today was the first day we could access a bank. Then we went on a search for a job. We grabbed some more fruit and headed to the library where we laze around in the sun. Then, out of nowhere I over heard someone talking to a girl beside me asking if she needs a job. Of course my ears are peeled. I made eye contact with the guy and then he asked Zac if he wanted a job, fundraising. Done and done. The next morning Zac had an interview.



Then we went over to Federation Square - it reminded me of Union Square. 
Federation Square....


 On a walk - found a park....and a maple leaf.
Then we were off to Collingwood. A little outskirt of the city - I mentioned before it reminded me of Queen Street. But this time, we were on a mission to find Greek food. I've been craving it since arriving in Australia. Zac made it a mission to find a greek place. And so he did. It was incredible.

This place doesn't have menus (we didn't know this going in). The owners just give you what you ask, or what they suggest. We had an insane amount of food for the 4 of us. But honestly, this day and dinner made the trip. We all laughed so friggin hard and so much... it was awesome.

We all committed to the meal. We didn't know what was coming (and there was a lot of seafood), but we forced each of us to try everything and eat every piece of food on the table.
I tried squid, octopus, lamb, etc. It was crazy and amazing. haha

First course: dips and bread (tzatziki sauce, eggplant dip, fish eggs dip, grilled veggies.
2nd plate: octopus, squid
3rd plate: Greek salad (worst ever but with the freshest feta I've ever had in my life)
4th plate: Lamb shanks, lamb souvlaki, chicken souvlaki, gyro
5th plate: an assortment of desserts. So sweet!!

After dinner the boys had the meat sweats.
 Our bill from the greek place.....
We went home and then later went to the bar. We danced all night but the best part, we just danced like fools. Honestly, that day was the best. So much fun... and we just laughed our hearts out!

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment