...how did this happen?
It's the last weekend before Christmas, already!!
Yesterday I joined my friend, her mother, and two sisters to a day of shopping in Brisbane. Their mother was basically buying them christmas gifts ;) But throughout our trip, I was reminded that Christmas is just next week....and it kept blowing my mind.
The malls don't play Christmas music in all the stores - like back home.
The streets aren't decorated with Christmas themed decorations - like back home.
The houses don't put up Christmas lights/decorations - like back home.
It's like Christmas is coming out of nowhere!
Next week, my friend Stephanie is welcoming her parents to Oz. Her mother has graciously invited all of her friends over for a pre-Christmas dinner on Wednesday night. Should be great to have this experience with all our friends...and a home-cooked meal from a mother!
Christmas eve I have plans to have some drinks at a friend's house.... probably appetizers and drinks.
Then Christmas Day we're doing a dinner at a friend's house... most of the Canadian girls will be there and we're going to make the most of it.
Boxing day - shopping ;)
NYE - some of us are just staying in. There is this big event in Brisbane but it'll end up costing around $400 for the weekend and I don't roll like that.
So there it is... my holiday plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment