Friday, 30 March 2012

65 Hours.. Done and Dusted

In the Graduate Diploma program, you have to complete 65 hours of volunteer work.
I have been bustin' my ass getting these hours completed and I can finally say,

I'm DONE!!!

I was volunteering at my old placement school - helping with a Year 2 class (last week I even taught a lesson).
I was also volunteering at a school near me, Mooloolaba State School - also a year 2 class but I was helping with Reading Support. I was conducting reading assessments to see what reading level the children are at and then I helped them read.
The third school was at Chancellor State School. Here I helped with two different Year 2 classes. One class I did Reading Support and conducted those reading tests. The second class I was helping with Poetry class - nothing too exciting.

But, it's over. I won't be going back to my old placement because it's really far and without a car, really hard to get to.
The other two schools are on summer holidays for the next two weeks. I will continue to help them for the following weeks until I start placement but then I will have to stop.

Ta Da!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!!!!! Must be a relief knowing that you have that all completed now!!

    ReplyDelete